Friday, November 26, 2004

So, what's cool?

Well, in case nothing on the Amazon list looks interesting, I'm in love with a few new programs that can always make a great gift!

  • Konfabulator: it came from the Mac, and Apple was too greedy to pay the amazing creators for it, so they are stealing it in the next OS release. What does this talented developer do? He releases for PC in about 1 month. And man, it's great. It will make you remember why you loved computers, once.
  • WindowBlinds, which completely skins your PC. It makes it feel like a completely new computer. And makes a great gift! ;-)
On the subject of my normal piracy of the high seas, I love the joy of Podcasting. Think of it like digital audio delivery. Why do I like it so much? Well, specifically, there are feeds of Air America's programs on it: I can listen to Al Franken's show, sans commercials, followed by The Majority Report (Janeane Garafolo et al). This is liberal political heaven! And the new shows are delivered, automatically, to my iPod as they are available!

No comments: