Her journal is educational, insightful, and entertaining. While she, presumably, made it past Day 3 (I did not, as my entry pointed out), many of her observations echo mine. Now that I'm back on the iPhone 4 (temporarily, while the new 920 is shipped to me), I'm able to notice several key differences:
- Damn, that Lumia is FAST. Going back to my iPhone 4 is like using an old 386 PC.
- I miss the big screen and vibrant colors, as well as the live tiles.
- I am stunned at how easy it is to operate my iPhone one handed. The Lumia definitely requires all hands on deck.
- I actually am surprised that I am as reliant on iOS' pull down tray for alerts to see what I missed as I am. I expected that would be one of the most modern things about WP8; not so much. Of course, Android seems to kick both their butts in that.
- The Lumia can get very physically hot. Not sure why, or what causes it. For her, the NFC maybe; me, the GPS.
- Both of us have had odd experiences with the battery. In my case, a hard reset bricked it and destroyed the ability of the battery to hold a charge; for her, fast draining.
- Apps are about as easy to discover on both platforms.